19 free tutorials for Google Analytics
Google Analytics may be the most important application for understanding your visitors’ behavior and making data-driven decisions. And whether you are a beginner or an experienced user, there are plenty of free resources to help you out.
Here is a list of free tutorials from Google. It offers in-depth product presentations, webinars and live broadcasts, as well as multi-unit courses. Also access the Google Analytics demo account and learn by experimenting with data from the Google Merchandise store and follow the Analysis discussion forum to learn from the community.
Academy of Analysis offers free online courses on Google Analytics and other data analysis tools. You can also use Analytics Academy to prepare for the Analytics Individual Qualification exam, an industry-recognized certification. Current courses include:
- Google Analytics for beginners. In this four-unit, 17-lesson course, explore the basic functionality of Google Analytics. Learn how to create an account, implement tracking codes, configure data filters, analyze basic reports, create goals, and track campaigns.
- Google Analytics advanced. In this four-unit, 18-lesson course, get an in-depth look at how data is collected and processed in reports. Use configurations like custom dimensions, custom metrics, and event tracking to collect specific data. Explore segmentation, channel reports, audience reports and custom reports, as well as strategies like dynamic remarketing to serve ads to customers who have visited your website.
- Google Analytics for experienced users. In this four-unit, 12-lesson course, practice an advanced understanding of Google Analytics. Learn and practice techniques to compare users who convert with those who don’t, analyze traffic sources, personalize channels, identify the best content on your site, and improve ecommerce performance.
- Getting started with Google Analytics 360. In this seven-unit course, explore the capabilities of Analytics 360 at the enterprise level. Explore advanced features like cumulative reports, custom funnels, unsampled reports, and custom tables. Learn about the benefits of reporting with BigQuery and native integrations with Google Marketing Platform and Google Ad Manager products. Explore real-life examples to demonstrate how to take advantage of Analytics 360 features and integrations.
The Analytics YouTube Channel offers videos on a variety of data analytics topics, including Analytics Academy video tutorials. Useful playlists include:
- Measuring It Matters. In this 30-minute live stream series from Google HQ, Analytics Advocates explores what’s new in Analytics and the industry, tackles the big question in each episode, and answers user questions. Explore machine learning, measurement, optimization, and more.
- Quick tips. This is a series of 2-5 minute advice videos that explore Analytics and related Google products. Explore segments, multi-channel funnels, remarketing strategies, and audience experiences.
- Deep dives. In this 30- to 60-minute video series, Google Advocates and product managers take an in-depth look at Analytics features, functionality, and integrations. Learn about the Google Analytics demo account, Analytics integrations, audience reporting, segmentation, and enhanced ecommerce.
- Analytics and e-commerce. In this playlist of four short films, get a quick look at the ecommerce functionality of Analytics. Find out how to track your ecommerce website, identify big spend, and create funnels. Find out how Google Analytics and on-site search can improve content discovery and landing page relevance.
- Generate conversions with Google Analytics. In this 15-clip playlist, learn how to frame and segment your data, use goals to measure conversion, use channels to drive sales, generate and analyze reports, and more.
- Basics of mobile app analytics. In this 14-clip course, learn how to make your mobile app more visible and profitable by measuring your performance with Google Analytics. Explore the essential tools to market and measure your app. Analyze the data to discover your most valuable users and find more. And learn how to tailor your monetization strategy to different audience segments.
On air is a 30-60 minute live tutorial series. On Air features the latest updates to the Google Marketing Platform, including products, industry, inventory opportunities, and training and learning. Examples include:
- Healthy configuration of Google Analytics. In this two-part series, learn the basics of how to properly set up Analytics 360. Get a holistic view of how users interact with a property online from multiple browsers and devices. And find out how you can better understand your on-site behavior based on the most accurate data.
- Audience generator in Google Analytics 360. Find out how to use the audience building tool in Google Analytics. Create and segment audiences in the interface and share them in the advertising applications of Google Marketing Platform.
The Analytical blog has articles ranging from new features, tips and upcoming industry events. Click on the thematic labels to find what you need. Also access the previous Analytical blog for additional content. The positions include:
- “Google Analytics and Google Ads: a powerful match. “ This article is the first in a series on how the combination of Google Analytics and Google Ads can help gain insights, create smarter campaigns, and improve results. The articles are a complement to a guide on combining Google Analytics and Google Ads.
- “Beyond the ad: optimizing conversions. ” Without data to optimize your site’s user experience, you risk low conversion rates and lost revenue. Learn how to work with search methods for conversion optimization and A / B test your way to a website your customers will love to use.